Self Portrait Propaganda Poster

 For my self-portrait propaganda, this is the original selfie that I used:

 

The final poster turned out pretty well:


My poster follows the “punk” vibe that we were shown examples of in class. I drew inspiration for the checkered background from looking at similar style posters. I also included a faded “shadow” of my original vector in the background that is my take on the following images use multiple images of one subject:

I chose the quote “Loose lips sink ships” because my poster is still supposed to be a version of propaganda. This saying was popular in war times as to promote keeping secrets so that the enemy would not be aware of any plans made in regards to military, location, etc.

Since my name is Lucy, my nickname is Luce which is pronounced the same way as “loose”, hence why I chose this quote. It is not necessarily satire, more so a play-on-words.


Comments

  1. This is my favorite Self Portrait image because it just seems so specific in style so I know it perhaps took a while. I love the inspiration photo because I envision you seeing that before creating your own and I see a few of the same aspects. BTW, your are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your self-portrait image was done so well! I like how the image in the background looks like a flag itself. The pattern definitely helps make it look like it is moving even though it is a still image. You were also able to capture your facial features very well which is something I had trouble doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the message associated with your poster. I also think you did a great job tracing your image and also with making the colors flow together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Card