Letter to Future Self Calligram 

The original letter to myself:

Future Lucy,

Seeing as you truly have started to get your act together, I’m hoping this letter (from your own self)

finds you well. I hope you yourself (myself) are well. The year I am writing this is 2023, we just turned

20. They say that your twenties are supposed to be the best years of your life. The latter half of your

teenage years weren't great and it took a long time to realize that I was partially at fault for that. It was

kind of hard to realize that I just wasn’t prioritizing YOU! You being my future self. I hope I still take the

life changing quotes I read to heart, because a few weeks ago I read, “How you spend your days is

how you live your life”. It’s hard to realize that these next 10 years are actually just an accumulation of

several singular days. And while I could be doing better, I’m trying my best right now to make these

days count, so I can look back when I read this letter and not regret the next few years. I hope I'm

making you proud. I never felt proud of myself for things until recently. I realized I need to keep dreaming bigger, even if

that can be isolating and difficult.

After all, “Don’t do it because it is easy, do it because it is hard”, is another life changing

quote that I heard a few months ago.

A hard thing I am doing currently, as I sit on the floor in my Straz dorm, is deciding what's next for me.

Don’t we think that constantly wondering if I should be somewhere else is a tell-tale sign that maybe I should be somewhere else?

Am I simply just not maximizing my time here?

I hope I grow up to be better at listening to myself. I often don’t know if I lie to myself in these situations.

I kind of just want someone to tell me what to do, I hope that someone can just eventually be me.

I hope I stop being scared of the passing time. “Time is a gift, it is not a taker”. 


I chose the hourglass image to encapsulate the importance of time to me.


Here is a rough sketch of my idea:








Comments

  1. This is cool. I like how the next is all different sizes even in the same area, looks very well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that's insane! That looks like it took a lot of time. I know for mine it took me a couple of hours so seeing this, it looks as though it took weeks, that's how impressive it is. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, i love your blog title that's hilarious. the concept behind this is really good, it's very well made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was one of the best calligrams in the class. I can tell it took a lot of time. Mine does not even compare to this and I spent a couple hours on using the right tool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Card