Photoshop HW 2

 


  • Out of all of the many, incredible, emotional images in “The People’s Portfolio”, this particular image made me gasp aloud. It is from the particular section that encapsulates the sexual violence in the Congo. With no context, the image is already leading me to be curious and worried about what is going on. Upon learning the context of the image, my stomach dropped and I became emotional. I hope this image continues to evoke emotion to all, so that change can be brought about. 


  • Sometimes people are afraid of what they see, like this photograph. But we should be more worried about what the subject of the photograph has had to see. I think images like these are useful in this situation and I was able to find emotion in every image from the portfolio.

    I chose this selfie from my recent trip to South Florida. It was taken around the time of which the sun was setting in the backyard of the airbnb that me and my friends had rented. They say there is a difference between smiling for a photo and having a photo taken of yourself while you are smiling. I tend to smile for the photo, but I remember just being so happy during this trip- this was definitely a photo taken of myself while I was smiling. That is why I have chosen the photo, it feels naturally happy.


  • I like the background of the photo. It’s not super “vacation-y” but the palm trees add a nice touch. When I look at this image, it connects back to that specific moment of feeling happy, relaxed, and it  truly embodies a spring break trip with your best friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Card