Illustrator Homework #1

Having your first try at Illustrator and not having success can be frustrating, (I would know)! But do not fear, if you are in search of some tutorials, look no further- I have linked 3 great videos for beginners, such as myself, to help begin the navigation of Illustrator. 


The ACTUAL Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GzumUieDPY

Flow Studio produced this 5 minute tutorial that covers pretty much everything “Illustrator” starting from opening the application itself. It details the tools, the orientation of objects and images, and the likes.  The video is especially helpful if you have no prior knowledge on how to use Illustrator. It allows for a good baseline to build off of as you become more and more used to all of the components within Illustrator. It’s also only a 5 minute video, interestingly enough- Yet it perfectly covers everything for a newbie, just like me!


Illustrator Pen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik1Ed9gzLE

As someone who has just recently utilized the pen tool on Illustrator, I can understand the common frustrations that many people seem to have when using it. Luckily enough, this video does a fantastic job at simplifying the unsimple. I appreciate how the producer of the video went into detail about things that I didn’t even consider when using the pen tool at first, such as adding multiple angles to a line, and filling colors for shapes that have been created. The pen tool is still tricky for me for now, but with some more practice and referencing this video, I’m sure the skill will come with time. 


Illustrator’s Magic Wand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XTEVY29IE

Lastly, I wanted to cover a tool that I didn’t know existed until I went searching: The magic wand tool. The magic wand tool, in short (to my knowledge thus far), allows for a creator to take an image that consists of multiple different patterns with different colors, and separate the image by those aspects. The producer of this video has created a helpful 12 minute video by using a multi-colored paisley print image, and dissecting it multiple different ways with the tool. As someone who learns through experience, the variety of approaches that the producer used is really helpful! Although this is a tool that has multiple steps and seems difficult, I tried the magic wand for the first time after watching this video and had great success!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Card